Deputy Chief of Party at Jhpiego 2022 — Jhpiego invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Deputy Chief of Party vacancy in 2022.
This position is contingent upon an award from USAID. Tanzania nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities Associated with the Deputy Chief of Party at Jhpiego 2022
Technical Leadership and Oversight
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the project’s technical assistance efforts, ensuring the integration, quality, and sustainability of interventions
- Provide day-to-day technical oversight for the design, planning, and implementation of activities in support of project goals and objectives
- Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality and fidelity across target regions and districts
- Collaborate closely with other Team Leaders to ensure harmonization of project approaches across technical and geographical areas
- Track measures for climate risk in the EMMP and include these in work plans, budgets, and MEL plan
Development and Implementation of Technical Approaches
- Provide technical leadership in the development of the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with MOH, USAID, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the Chief of Party on setting project priorities and directions, and responding to requests for support from local counterparts
- Identify appropriate facility- and community-based strategies and lead the formulation of innovative approaches to address malaria surveillance and epidemiology, entomology and vector control, case management, and social behavior change interventions.
- Oversee efforts to support capacity building including mentorship at the individual and organizational levels in
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to malaria control, treatment and prevention to inform adjustments in project implementation
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation as well as reports of project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
- Author/co-author abstracts, presentations, and articles for journals and conferences
You may be interested in the Project Officer – Leather sector at Solidaridad 2022
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with USAID and in-country stakeholders as a representative of the project, and develop rapid responses to requests
- Collaborate with all local stakeholders especially NMCP, ZAMEP, and other implementing partners, to ensure that all activities conform to requirements and regulations
- Facilitate the project team’s relationship with designated counterparts at USAID, NCSP, and ZAMEP, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders in Tanzania such as NGOs and CSOs, to ensure effective technical assistance
- Actively participate in relevant national technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing Jhpiego
- Supervise technical staff and build, mentor, and manage a team of highly qualified staff to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Manage technical contributions of subgrantees, including defining scopes of work
Required Qualifications for the Deputy Chief of Party at Jhpiego 2022
- A clinical degree (doctor, nursing, midwifery) required, with a Master of Public Health preferred
- At least 9 years of experience implementing malaria control and elimination projects and/or health systems strengthening, integrated, and community-based health service delivery projects
- At least 9 years of experience in implementing and/or providing technical assistance to large, donor-funded multi-year international health sector projects that have implemented activities in malaria prevention and control as well as elimination; case management of malaria; health systems strengthening; large-scale iCCM implementation; and/or integrated health services management.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical and community-based healthcare workers in malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Demonstrated experience leading a capacity-building approach for CSOs, providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; pre-service education; performance and quality improvement; and monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment necessary for strengthening related services delivery at the regional, national, clinical and community-level
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the healthcare system in Tanzania, particularly the public health system
- Experience living and working in Tanzania preferred
- Familiarity with USAID’s administrative, management, and reporting procedures and systems
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, US President’s Malaria Initiative advisors, host-country counterparts, and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in Swahili and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel nationally to project sites
- Master of Public Health preferred
- Experience living and working in Tanzania preferred
Summary of The Deputy Chief of Party at Jhpiego 2022
|Title||Deputy Chief of Party|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can click on the link below to be redirected to the Job application page.
NOTE: No application will be accepted after the closing date