Tanzania Institute of Accountancy, TIA admission entry requirements for the 2022/2023 academic year can be found on this page.
The management of the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA) has released the entry requirements for successful admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate (Degree, Ph.D., Masters, Diploma, Certificate, Short Course, and Non-Degree) programmes respectively for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Interested Candidate may apply to any of the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA) Courses at any time and be admitted subject to fulfilling all TIA admission entry requirements for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Tanzania Institute of Accountancy admission Requirement
Below is the 2022/2023 TIA admission details that contains the admission requirement needed for admission into Tanzania Institute of Accountancy, TIA. Each Faculty has its own specific requirements and prospective students are strongly advised to consult the admissions office for more information and advice on these requirements.
Basic Technician Certificate Programmes (NTA Level 4) Minimum entry requirements:
- At least four (4) passes (grade “D” or above) at certificate of secondary Education (CSEE) excluding religious subjects OR National Vocational Award LEVEL 2 accompanied with at least two passes at Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education.
Check out the TIA List of Courses
Diploma Programmes (NTA Level 5 & 6 ) Minimum entry requirements:
- Basic Technician Certificate in related programmes accompanied with at least four passes at Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) excluding religious subjects.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSEE) with at least one principal pass and one subsidiary in relevant subjects excluding Religious subjects.
- National Vocational Awards (NVA) level 3 accompanied with at least two passes at Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) excluding Religious subjects.
Degree Programmes (Three academic years) Minimum Entry Requirements
FORM SIX QUALIFICATIONS
- Two principal passes with total of 0 points from two subjects where A=5,B=4, C=3,D=2, E= 1 (For candidates who completed form six before2014 and from 2016 onwards)
- Two principal passes with a total of 0 points from two subjects where A=5, B+=4, B=3, C=2,D=1 (For candidates who completed form six in 2014 and 2015)
- Form six applicants applying for Bachelor of Accountancy, Public Sector Accounting and Finance and Procurement and Logistics Management should have passed mathematics at either O-Level or A- Level. Religious subjects are not considered.
- Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) with at least a GPA of 3.0,
- Average of B grade for Diploma in Teacher Education,
- Upper Second Class for classified non NTA diplomas,
- A Distinction for unclassified diplomas,
- Average of B grade for health related awards such as Clinical Medicine and
- Average of C for full Technician Certificate (FTC) where A=5, B=4,C=3 and D=2.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Qualification with B+ Grade where A=75-100, B+=65-74,B=50-64, 40-49,D=35-39, F=0-38
Additionally the above qualifications should be accompanied with at least four O- Level passes (Ds and above) or NVA LEVEL II/III with at least two passes at O- Level. Relevance of equivalent qualifications will be evaluated by the institute. Religious subjects are not considered.
Post Graduate Programmes: (One academic year / two semesters) Minimum entry requirements:
- Bachelor or Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Procurement from any reputable institution or Any relevant degree programme
- Intermediate stage of CPA/CPSP or NBAA’s CPA or PSPTB’s CPSP
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below and the Michyking Team will do our best to respond. You may also subscribe to be notified when we respond to your comment. For more updates on Tanzania Institute of Accountancy related, follow us on Facebook.