The University of Dar es Salaam UDSM postgraduate entry requirements and entry qualification for the academic year 2020/2021 are detailed on this page. Read carefully.
Candidates interested in enrolling in one of the University of Dar es Salaam’s postgraduate programmes must meet both the basic minimum entry requirements and the supplementary entrance requirements unique to each academic programme.
UDSM Postgraduate Entry Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree, Advanced Diploma, or its equivalent from an accredited institution of higher study is required. Candidates with equivalent qualifications must additionally have at least a credit pass on their Secondary School Certificates.
Duration: 12 months.
- A person must hold a Lower Second Class degree (GPA of 2.7) or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning to be eligible for a master’s program through coursework and dissertation. Candidates for Masters by the thesis are only evaluated if they have a GPA of 3.5 or higher in their first degree.
- Applicants with unclassified degrees (e.g. B.V. Sc., M.D., etc.) should have a B grade average in the preferred Masters subject. Candidates with Pass degrees will be considered if they meet the following criteria:-
- Their undergraduate grades in the proposed field of study were a ‘B’ or better.
- They have demonstrated potential by future research experience and/or extra training to the relevant School/College/Institute.
- An Advanced Diploma, as well as a Postgraduate Diploma and Secondary School Certificates, from a, recognized higher learning institution with a minimum of an upper second class.
- Secondary School Certificates and a recognized professional certification (CPA, CSP, ACCA, CA, CIB, MCIM, CMA certificate).
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree
The University of Dar es Salaam provides a Doctor of Philosophy degree programme that can be completed either by a thesis or through coursework and dissertation. An applicant for a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program must have a Lower Second Class degree from the University of Dar es Salaam or another university recognized by TCU.
See the UDSM Undergraduate Entry Requirements.
I hope this article has provided you with the assistance you need on the UDSM postgraduate Entry Requirements, if so, please let us know in the comments section. Remember to subscribe and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for quick updates.